I assume you’ve seen my video on Youtube (if not, scroll down) and want to make your grasshopper do the same. In short, you can achieve this by just updating 2 (or 5 to be more exact) components’ firmware. Lets head to the Ideafly Grasshopper upgrade right away:
Ideafly Grasshopper upgrade
Lets understand whats going to happen:
First of, we are going to replace the flight controller’s firmware, from Cleanflight, to Betaflight. Betaflight, for those of you who are new to drones, is a more advance version of cleanflight. It starts with BETA because it is a beta version of cleanflight. BUT, beta doesn’t mean it is not stable.
Second, we will upgrade the ESCs firmware, from Blheli to Multishot. Multishot is a newer, and faster, ESC protocol.
If you break your drone, brick your ESCs or flight controller and etc, it’s your problem 🙂 It’s not a simple process and if you’re don’t know what you are doing, it’s probably not for you. Come back when you know what you are doing. thank you.
- Download Betafligh configurator from the chrome store. It’s a browser based app.
- Open betaflight and connect your grasshopper by USB (no battery needed.
- browse to the firmware flasher tab (left side).
- choose SPRACINGF3, version 3.0.0 (or latest stable version), and Baud rate 256000.
- click Download firmware (bottom right) and Flash.
- Connect to the drone (top right), and browse to the CLI tab (on the left).
- in the CLI, paste the below text and press ENTER.
- Download and install BheliSuite.
- Download Multishot for Raptor 390 20A (suits the 30A too).
- Open BlheliSuite and connect on the correct port.
- click on flash other and browse to the downloaded .HEX file you downloaded on step 2.
- choose this same file for all 4 ESCs.
- Reverse motor direction for motor 1 and 4.